Tuesday, March 1, 2011

-Christmas 2010 part 2 -
We all met at my moms house a few days after Christmas this year to celebrate, we played lots of games, stuffed our faces with all sorts of yummy food, raced pit bikes and made trails in my moms fields, exchanged gifts, and my favorite part of all... felt the True Spirit of Christmas more this year than EVER before! Since Thanksgiving when our family got the shake of a lifetime we have all viewed life a little differently, I guess I can only speak for myself but for me personally I view it from different eyes and now see oh how Sweet this thing we call "Life" truly is!
This little dearest being one of my focal points this Holiday Season. She was LOVING my moms nativity this year, she's a smart little thing and knows she HATES the camera so you'll notice I never can get complete eye contact she ducks whenever she see's the lens cap come off :)

This picture was a MUST for blogging/Journal purposes... this was taken about 10 minutes after Adam and Jenni got their surprise. I asked my mom if I could post the poem she wrote on my blog so I could always have it and I wanted to share it with all of you because this was one of the most sweet moments Ever to be had at our house! Here is a little recap of how it all went...
So My Mom grabbed Kensley and took her out of the room for a minute and handed her this tiny tree and luckily she was in a great mood and was willing to carry it in all by herself :) As she came walking in my mom read this poem...


Dear Mommy and Daddy, this is Kensley, just so you know…

And lately our family has been having a rough go…


I got really sick…..as sick as I could be,

And the doctor said I need something called chemotherapy….


I guess I have cancer, they told us on that day,

But don’t worry, mommy and daddy, it’s going to go away!


I know you have been worried because you love me so

And soon I will be better and we won’t need to go….


To all of the doctors we keep seeing up in Salt Lake City,

We’ll be at home and mommy can keep making ladies pretty!


And Daddy you can go drive that big noisy yellow thing,

And take me riding horses and use your funny voice to sing!


So I told Grandma I wanted to give you both a little Christmas Tree….

And she said she would find one and and promised to help me!


Trees are kind of special, Daddy, because they’re big and strong,

That is how you are Daddy….you work hard all day long.


And I think pine trees are pretty, and they smell really good,

That reminds me of Mommy, she smells like a mommy should!


Did you know trees make paper, and they burn to keep you warm,

And did you know…just like cows…they can be raised on a farm?


But Mommy and Daddy, here’s a secret just from me….

Have you ever heard of something called a Family Tree?


I guess it’s when everyone in your family is in a tree,

Not in the branches, silly guys! I’m speaking figuratively!


There are aunts and uncles, and lots of cousins, too….

And mommy’s and daddy’s just to name a few…


Grandma’s and Grandpa’s and even more I guess,

About anybody in the family that wears pants or a dress.


So all of the people in our family tree,

Have been really worried about (guess who?) ME!


And guess what they all decided to this year?

To help them feel better and have some Christmas cheer…


They didn’t want so many presents like they usually see,

‘cause they wanted to help me decorate my little Christmas tree…


Because red stands for courage, we used it on the branches,

They said I am courageous even with my circumstances….


And because I am their little bright star, so they rant and rave,

They put a big red ribbon on top, to remind me to be brave.


And then because it is my gift to you,” I got the final vote,

I said to “Forget the tinsel and load it with C-notes!”


So Merry Christmas Mommy and Daddy, and baby Korbin, too,

Merry Christmas from our family tree! WE LOVE YOU!


Love,


Kensley,


P.S. And Korbin, Alayna, Kade, Keanna, Aunt Angie, Uncle Jarad, Aunt Bridget, Uncle Derrik, Uncle Brady, Grandma, and Grandpa Tom.



After we were all composed again we made Adam say cheese for the camera. I Love this Boy, his strength and attitude amazes me EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Okay here is the rest of our Holiday Season with Family...

Derrik and I infront of our Christmas Tree!
Most INTENSE board game ever to be played at our house ;) Lol, too bad I missed all the action!
Love her
The Boys out racing, I thought for sure someone was going to end up with something broken but they all came back in the house in one piece :)
My Dad and I even got in on all the fun
Kade racing his Gator
My Dad catching some serious air!




???

So Excited to add to her Horse Collection

I asked Brady to help me hang my moms little surprise on the wall, the Vinyl was not wanting to stick at first and it was Sooo long and a big pain but after about 30 minutes we conquered it:) Now the best part about this is obviously Angie isn't being much help, she kept trying to get us to fall, etc so I gave her ONE JOB... to make SURE and keep my mom out of the room until we had it all up. Well lets just say she's the blonde sister and sometimes not the sharpest crayon in the box and got bored after about 20 minutes and went in the kitchen to chat with my mom. My mom asked if she could come in yet and she said yeah i think. Next thing we know I hear an "Uhhhh Oops" behind me and I turn around and my mom is standing there as Angie comes running around the corner. Ahhh GEEZ so much for the Element of Surprise :( Brady said I should have known better than to put the one person in charge that is a little slow sometimes, haha JUST KIDDING if your reading this ;) We still love you sister!!!
The kids playing with the their parents new Ipad's
Best Gift EVER :) I still get teased for wanting a blender for Christmas... don't even care its AMAZING!!!
The girls so excited for their horse purses:)
Playing with Mr Potato Head, those things are Way Sweeter now days!

Helping Grandma Lick the Beaters, I Love this sweet Face!!!
Oh how I Love the Holidays!

No comments: